Do I need RV insurance?

Like car insurance, a minimum of liability coverage is required for RVs in every state. Some states also require uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. Collision and comprehensive coverage are up to you, but it’s recommended to protect your investment. The following conditions require additional coverage:

  • Renting an RV
  • If your RV is your permanent residence
  • If you financed your RV


What does RV insurance cover?

Insurance for recreational vehicles (RVs) provides similar coverage as auto insurance, including collision, comprehensive and liability coverage. The main difference is the additional coverages you can add to your RV. Depending on your insurance plan, you can get additional coverage for:

  • Your belongings stored in the RV
  • RV accessories, such as awnings, satellite dishes, and installed appliances
  • Vacation and campsite liability
  • Towing and roadside
  • Full-time coverage (if RV is your full-time residence)
  • Total loss replacement
  • Uninsured and underinsured motorists


What type of RV insurance do I need?

The type of RV insurance you will need is based on several things:

  • What state you live in
  • The class of RV you own
  • How far you will travel in your RV
  • Whether you’ll be using the RV to vacation or as your primary residence
  • The custom features included in your RV
  • Any additional coverage you choose to add


What are the different classes of RV?

  • Class A: Larger luxury models, up to 75 feet, such as the luxury coach, converted bus, and motor coach.
  • Class B: Smallest RV models such as travel trailers, camper vans, and cargo van type RVs.
  • Class C: RVs that use a standard cargo van as the driving portion and have a camper portion that extends over the cab. This includes fifth wheel RVs.


Where can I get RV insurance?

To get an insurance policy for your RV, contact your Yetter Insurance agent today by calling (570) 296-8329, or visit

Yetter Insurance Agency offers comprehensive RV insurance policies to owners throughout Pike County and Wayne County, PA and Orange County, NY. Whether you’re looking to buy a new RV or you’re looking to add additional coverage to an RV you already own, our agents can help you find affordable and comprehensive coverage through carriers like Erie Insurance, Progressive, and Foremost Insurance Group. Call us at 570-296-8329 or visit our Milford, PA office to find the right RV insurance for your needs.